Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Imagine That!



My first public exhibit! Of course, it is on an art wall in the county public library's main branch, so it's not exactly the big time. However, it does give you a thrill to see a collection of your work on display for everyone who chooses to look at it. I tried to choose a variety of subject matter, but my work tends to lean heavily toward tropical scenes or silhouettes. Most of my paintings are pretty small in scale, so I had to have a lot to cover the space. It will hang on the art wall until the end of January. If you get to Shepherdsville, KY, drop in and see my exhibit--it may be your only chance ever to see a large selection of my work in public! Life is good...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's so cool!

Are they for sale?

Susan said...

My 19-year old nephew had some of his work displayed at a showing at our public library last year and the whole family came out to see it. It was a big deal to us and yours is too! Congratulations...

Motherkitty said...

Nancy, you are sooooo talented. Your paintings are gorgeous and I wouldn't mind having one to hang in my house -- that's how good you are.

Congratulations on a wonderful exhibit. My, you and your daughter sure are talented -- both with an eye for beauty.

Good for you!

Susie said...

I am soooo impressed! Wish I was closer so that I could visit them in person!!
You are wonderfully talented and I'm sure people will recognize that from this exhibit.
xoxo

Judy said...

Congratulations!
Now we know where Alissa gets her artistic talent with photos!

Kendra Lynn said...

You are an excellent artist.
I'm a friend of Alissa's and stopped by to see your work.
Very lovely.

Kendra

Heidi said...

I am here through Alissa's blog. Congratulations! Library or not, to have your art on display is quite an accomplishment. Your paintings are lovely.