Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Pressure Is On...




Before I start, here is the new painting I made for my new living room..I copied it from a picture I saw in this year's Avon calendar, seen above it because I still haven't figured out how to place my pictures in the blog the way I want them. Every time I think I have it figured out, I get it wrong. Oh, well, I never claimed to be a technological genius.
Now for the pressure part. Our new house is progressing very well. Seems that the cabinets will be installed Monday, and then things will really move along from there. This is very exciting, of course, but it means that we will be closing on the house in a month or less, and then it will be time to move out of this house so that Doug and Kellie can start getting it ready for themselves. I was getting a pretty good start at cleaning out closets and sorting stuff, and then my Dad got sick. I started going to the hospital every day as well as the frequent trips to the new house and to places where we needed to choose fixtures for it. Packing was ignored. Then I woke up at the crack of dawn the other morning and realized that I have an awful lot to do in the next month or so. I started making a list--shades of Alissa. I got the list done okay, but I have only done one thing on it so far. I'm hoping to really get busy on packing, but it seems that we go to the new house most every day, and when I get home, I don't feel like digging into stuff. Guess I am going to have to just buckle down and do it. After all, there is 29 years' worth of stuff stored in this house and garage, and we need to either pack what we're going to take or store stuff or get rid of stuff that we're not going to take. I don't seem to be getting much help from the old guy, either, who told me the other day that he just can't get motivated to do much of anything. Most of what's in the garage and outbuildings are his tools and stuff like that, so I'm going to leave it to him, or Doug will have to deal with it. However, the stuff in the house is mostly my responsibility, so tomorrow I will wash and pack my crystal (I hope!). Me and Scarlett O'Hara...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the painting, it will go perfectly in the living room! Perhaps you should talk to the real estate lady about painting some canvases to hang in the unsold units :-)

Somehow I think everything will get accomplished. Mostly because you really don't have a choice! Either you'll get it done now or at the last minute, but it'll get done. Just follow that handy list! It feels great to actually cross things off :-)

Susie said...

Packing and unpacking sounds like such fun (NOT!!)
It will be great to have it all done.
Love the painting. It will be a great addition for your new living room.
Hope your Dad is doing better now?
Sounds like your time is very limited!
Take care and don't overdo!!
xoxo

Val said...

I love the painting. I enjoyed your blog too. I found you through Susie.