Saturday, January 10, 2009

Interview

I commented on Alissa's blog that she could interview me, as she had been interviewed by one of her blog friends. These are the questions she sent, along with my responses.


1. Excluding your spouse, children, or any other immediate family members, who is your favorite person? Why? You don't have to include names...

My favorite person, outside of my family, is my friend Rose. I have many friends whom I like a lot and have a lot of fun with. However, with Rose, the connection between us was almost instantaneous when we met 15 years ago on my first day of teaching at Maryville Elementary School. We discovered that we had a great deal in common, not only in our teaching styles and desires, but also personally. I never feel that I must explain myself or my actions to Rose. She understands me and my life, as I understand her. She is a naturally kind and compassionate person. I hope it means that I am, too, since we have so much in common!


2.Are you a dog or a cat person? Why? Actually, I would say I am neither, since I am not big on pets. I didn't grow up having a pet, so I don't miss one if I don't have one. I like both dogs and cats okay, but if I have to choose one, it would be cats. They are independent and clean, but they can form a bond with you. You can have them around for company, but you don't have to lavish attention on them for them to be content.


3.If you could have only one talent, and you could be awesome at it, what would it be? Why? If you mean by talent, something you can do, I guess I would choose painting. I can do it, but I am not awesome at it. I love to do it, though, and I have a great appreciation for art. If by talent, you could include personal traits, I would choose to be awesome at helping other people succeed. Why? Because it feels good to help others.


4. Someone offers to tell you the exact time and date that you are going to die. You know they will be telling the absolute truth. Do you take them up on it? Why? Absolutely NOT! I already try to live each day as if it were my last and enjoy my life I would not want to be counting down the days until I die, worrying each day that I won't accomplish all I want to do before my time is up. I already know that life is short.


5. Laundry--as needed or once a week? Usually I do laundry once a week, which is plenty often enough for two people. I could go longer, but it gets to be an unwieldy job that way.


Okay, that's my interview. If you read this and want to be interviewed, leave a comment that says, "interview me." I will send 5 questions, not necessarily these, but questions of my choosing. You can publish the interview in your blog. Then you can interview others, if you wish.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I enjoyed reading your answers and finding out more about you. It was very interesting. I have done something similar to this before so guess I will pass on this one but really enjoyed yours.