Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Debra's Meme via Alissa--and a picture


This is a painting of a leaf taken from a picture that I again filched from Alissa, and you can see the original photo on her site. Of course the painting doesn't do the spectacular photo justice, but it was a very eye-catching picture. Sorry that I placed it in the scanner crooked. Just turn your head a little to see the straight version. :)
Here's my version of the meme:
I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick up 5 items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments.. what is it?
Produce: Potatoes.
Bakery: donuts
Meat: Laura's Lean hamburger
Frozen Foods: Rocky Road Ice cream
Dry Goods: Spaghetti

Let’s say we’re heading out for a weekend getaway. You’re only allowed to bring 3 articles of clothing with you. So, what’s in your bag?
Clean underwear
A clean shirt
Bedroom slippers (my mom never let us walk on hotel floors in our bare feet!)

If I was to listen in on one of your conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?
Ha! Ha!
Really?
I love you.
Give me a break!

So, what 3 things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn’t get to do, you probably wouldn’t be in the best mood?
Reading
Eating
Crossword puzzles

You just scored a whole afternoon to yourself. We’re talking a 3 hour block with nobody around. What 5 activities might we find you doing?
Painting
Reading
Doing word puzzles
Watching old movies
Shopping

We’re going to the zoo. But, it looks like it could start storming, so it’ll have to be a quick visit. What 3 exhibits do we have to get to?
Polar Bears
Seals
Monkeys

You just scored tickets to the taping of any show that comes on t.v. of your choice. You can pick between 4, so what are you deciding between?
ER
NCIS
CSI
Two and A Half Men

You’re hungry for ice cream. I’ll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for ya?

Rocky Road
French Vanilla
Butter Pecan

Somebody stole your purse/wallet…in order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what’s in there?
Wallet
Checkbook
Chapstick
Tide To Go pen
Hairbrush

You are at a job fair, and asked what areas you are interested in pursuing a career in. Let’s pretend you have every talent and ability to be whatever you wanted, so what 4 career would be fun for you?
Painter-artist
Travel Journalist
Tour director
Flight Attendant

If you could go back and talk to the old you, when you were in high school, and inform yourself of 4 things, what would you say?
Have more confidence in yourself
Listen to your parents.
After college, give yourself a year on your own before settling down to marriage and a family.
Life is good--enjoy yourself!

OK, consider yourself tagged, and let me know if you answer the questions!
That was easy enough, I guess. At least it gave me something to write about. Maybe I will get a chance to post again about Thanksgiving before heading to Florida next week to visit my dad. If not, have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and remember we have much for which to be thankful. After all, life is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the painting! You did a nice job on the leaf, but the rock is awesome! Totally realistic looking. You're really getting good :-)

Susie said...

I also love the painting :)
Memes are such a good way to learn a bit more about each other.
One more thing we have in common:
I can not walk around a hotel/motel room in my bare feet. Have to have sox or slippers!
xoxo