Saturday, June 21, 2008

Long Time, No Post

I seem to be suffering from the proverbial writer's block, or I have had nothing profound to share, one or the other, but here goes. I think after all the moving out and in, followed closely by a few birthdays, I have just been worn out. Like Alissa with her vacation, one day I just thought to myself, "I am done with this moving." It seemed I just couldn't summon up one more grain of energy or desire to do what needed to be done. For the last few weeks, we have only been to the farm about once a week, and I have been working in a desultory manner inside while Terry cuts grass outside. I have accomplished something each time I've gone out there, but it seems the more I do, the more I find that needs to be done. Finally last night, Doug and Kellie took the bull by the horns and went out to the house and gathered all the stuff that was left and piled it in the living room for Terry and me( MOSTLY me) to go through and decide whether to keep it, give it to the Goodwill, or toss it. I hope to finish that up this coming week sometime, but there is still the stuff in the garage and the stuff in the storage building that will have to be dealt with at some point this summer. Whew! Will it ever end?

On a more positive note, I picked up the pictures I entered in the county fair tonight. Both of them were marked with a blue #1 on the tag. However, when I got the prize envelope, it said one of them was a first place, and the other was a third place, which is still pretty good. When I questioned which was right, I was told the third place was right because it was "in the book," whatever that means. It seems to me that the handwritten book can be just as wrong as the stickers placed on the tags attached to the painting, but it wasn't worth arguing about. Since I didn't attend the fair to see them when they were on display, I can't say anything about which is which. On to the state fair, I guess! I did take pictures of the paintings to post, but I can't seem to upload pictures from my newer Kodak camera to the web. The Kodak software doesn't seem to interface with the picture program already on my computer, and the pictures must remain separate. Not only that, I can't figure out how to get the pictures from the Kodak software to the blog. Bummer! Maybe one day I will figure out how to merge files, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just not that good. Meanwhile, I will look for my Sony camera and try to take the photos again tomorrow. If this is all I can find to complain about, I know life is good!


Anonymous said...

Yay blue ribbon!

Are you entering the same paintings in the state fair?

Susie said...

Hi Nancy,
I can well imagine that you are worn out from moving. I've read that is one of the most stressful things we do!
Congratulations on the blue ribbons. Glad they recognized your talents.
It's probably a weird coincidence, but my Kodak software stopped working when I downloaded the pictures from Monterey. I had to upload all of them through Picassa which was quite more tedious.
Not sure what's up with Kodak..