Wednesday, November 19, 2008

And He Cooks, Too!

Since his retirement, Terry has taken up doing several household chores. Now that we are in our new house, he sweeps the floors almost daily, and he does the dishes every night after supper. Of course, he does the dishes because he hates the noise the dishwasher makes, and I won't wash dishes by hand. Therefore, he has taken on that task, which is fine with me.

Most of the time, I do the cooking, although he sometimes pitches in, especially when he feels I'm not doing something correctly. Since he has been retired, he has watched a LOT of cooking shows, and now he knows all there is to know about the proper preparation of food. My almost 39 years of experience don't seem to count for much. Seems I've not been cooking meat correctly all this time. Mind you, everyone ate what I fixed without complaining, but now I find out that I have been either turning it to mush or drying it out. Of course, it's probably true, because I like my meat cooked all the way through, but tender, so I do a lot of braising. I like the way I cook, even if it is wrong.

Okay, I'm off track here. I do appreciate all of Terry's help, even in the kitchen. And if I don't feel like making dessert, and he wants some, he will get up and make it. Hence the picture. The other night at about 8:30, he decided he wanted some muffins, so he headed to the kitchen. He couldn't decide which Martha White kind to make, so he made three varieties--strawberry, blackberry, and lemon poppyseed. These are quick and simple to make, and they are light, so it made a good treat. He used cupcake cups in the muffin tins, and the muffins stuck to the paper of the cups, though, and he was disappointed. It didn't matter. The hot muffins tasted delicious, and I didn't have to make them. That was the best part of all! Life is good...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if it's any consolation, I like your cooking. I'm always disappointed when I make something and it doesn't taste like yours :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm looking foward to the next update!