Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! 2






For a change, we are having Thanksgiving at home this year. We are usually in Florida visiting Dad, but since he is recovering from surgery and already surrounded by people, we are staying home, where it's colder than normal and nasty. While we are in the unusual situation of being able to have all the kids, their spouses, and their kids here for the holiday, I must admit I miss the Florida trip. Usually, I prepare a Thanksgiving feast the weekend before the holiday, so I am used to cooking a turkey dinner, so that's nothing new. This year we were going to do it the Saturday after the holiday, but both boys work in retail and must work from 10 to 10 that day. And Andy must work, too So we moved it to the actual holiday.

Of course, the move still had its problems. As with most families, the boys must find a way to celebrate with both their families and their in-laws. They will be having two Thanksgiving feasts. Alissa won't be able to see her in-laws, who live in Arizona, but since Andy must work both Wednesday night and Friday morning, she and her family will be coming up and returning home on the same day. It will be a long day for all of them.

However, I appreciate all of the kids making an effort to get together for Thanksgiving. It will make it a special day for me, and at least for that day, I won't be missing Florida! :) Life is good...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. My son works at KET and he has to work tomorrow so I am having brunch since he goes in at 2 p.m. It is supposed to be nice tomorrow for a change! I am already sick of winter.

Anonymous said...

See you in the morning!