Friday, March 07, 2008

Calgon, Take Me Away...

to the place in this painting--Panama City Beach, of course!It sure would be preferable to the now-snowy place I am at the moment. Here it is March 7, and we are getting the largest snowfall of the season. There were three inches earlier in the day, and more is falling now. We are supposed to have about 8-10 inches by the time it is over. I am not a winter person, and it seemed as if we were going to escape the worst this year, but I guess not. The snow is pretty to look at, but it makes getting around a little bit of a challenge for me because I don't like driving in the stuff. I hope it melts off pretty quickly, and it probably will, since it is March, after all. I guess we are paying now for the warm January and early February that we had. Of course, weather like this is typical for the Ohio Valley, and we have had many March snowfalls, some larger than this. We have had snow on Easter before, and I know it could be worse. It could still be December or January with spring far away! I suppose that in a few months it will be hot and humid, and I can hardly wait. Meanwhile, I will try to enjoy the season we are in now. Life is good, after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY SNOW!!!

I recognized the location of your painting immediately :-)a